WE ARE HIRING!
Creative Assistant Designer
An exciting opportunity has come up within the fashion brand Kolovrat since we are expanding our team as a strategy of international growth. Therefore, we are looking for a Creative Assistant Designer with an unique personality and a global innovative and fresh point of view and most importantly a capacity to act and react on an international time production schedule.
By assisting Lidija Kolovrat, the Creative Assistant Designer will lead the day to day ideation and fabrication of prototypes in our in-house atelier by closely working with the Chef d'Atelier and our two seamstresses. On the other hand, the Creative Assistant Designer will also be responsible to handle the product development and production process by recurring to our external suppliers.
Product development and Design
• Establish the tools and processes to schedule and plan workflow effectively, respecting the international production calendar.
• Lead the day-to-day project workflow, from brief to final asset delivery, ensuring products are delivered on time.
• Research & develop design ideas to support a design vision.
• Knowledge of fabric and trims, assisting with sourcing of raw materials.
• Copy patterns/prep samples to send to factory on a weekly basis.
• Attend all fit meetings with design and atelier teams to ensure correct fit is achieved and all comments are relayed accurately and in a timely manner to all departments.
• Create measurement pages and all other related pages to complete Tech Packs to send to factory.
• Assist with clear written fit comments/notes for development and production for in house patternmakers and oversea vendors.
• Make sure all salesman samples (SMS) are on track for lookbook and show deadlines.
• Build strong relationships and effective working practices with the team and across the business to ensure the delivery of great work.
• Manage the assigned project team, assuring that scheduled objectives are being accomplished.
• Manage design interns, and prepare a weekly schedule for them.
• Where required, lead relationships to art directors, graphic designers and illustrators to deliver the highest creative quality from concept generation to completion.
• Acts as an engaged and enthusiastic team member, proactively sharing ideas and best practice.
- CREATIVE THINKING – To have a creative background and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in assisting a talented fashion designer.
- INNOVATIVE THINKING - Keep abreast of new immerging creative trends and techniques within design to maintain innovation and freshness.
- TEAM PLAYER – To be able to relate to Kolovrat aesthetic, acting as a brand guardian to ensure that brand compliance/consistency are always adhered to. To demonstrate a positive attitude and dedication.
- STRATEGIC / HANDS-ON – Ability to adopt a hands-on approach and a problem-solving strategy when necessary in an efficient, highly organized and reliable way. To be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, working as part of close-knit team as well as independently.
- CREATIVE PRODUCTION - Excellent end-to-end knowledge of the creative production process: ideation, prototyping, finishing & trims, technical coding of products and production follow up, all according to defined deadlines. It is required computer proficiency including excel and office programs as well as Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – A relentless focus on quality and excellence, grounded on a design knowledge of the luxury market.
- INTERNATIONAL APPROACH – Good understanding of working and communicating with European and Asian sellers and suppliers.
- COMMUNICATIVE – To be able to communicate efficiently both verbally and written.
- CONNECTED TO CULTURE – will have a strong knowledge and passion for trends immerging across fashion, lifestyle.
- CULTURE FIT - Will embody Kolovrat’s culture, and be passionate about helping it achieve its vision.
- LANGUAGE - Fluent in English, Portuguese appreciated.
What are our expectations on you?
- You must learn fast the Kolovrat’s spirit! Not everyone can be part of
- Need to understand how patterns work in order to find the right shape and proportion.
- Reactve / Autonomous / Ambitious / Curious / Active
We seek to be an expression of the cultural vibe of a hectic society. Our creation process is like a ritual where we tune ourselves with the energy of the times.
This is why our “atelier” is a living organism, always changing and always in constant movement.
We like to dedicate special attention to the singularity of each of our clients and we like to create unique and surprising garments.
We value human capital and wish to work with people that share the same human values. We challenge you to take part in this transition phase and to give you the opportunity to actively participate in the change by providing you all the necessary tools.
Now that you know us, let us know you, get involved!
WHAT we offer:
Fun and relaxed environment.
Salary above local standards.
Helping with the first month accommodation in Lisbon.
Offering permanent full time job.
Please send all the bellow information to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
• A CV
• A cover letter describing yourself and your fashion stand point
• A presentation of your current design portfolio or a selection of hand illustrations. Please send this in a pdf format.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.