WE ARE HIRING!
Fashion Design Product Assistant
Full or Part-time, Lisbon
The Design Assistant will fully support the lead designer through all stages of the product lifecycle, from concept to prototyping to manufacture. This will also include sketching, creating and maintaining visual boards as designing a conducting visual line.
This position will embody the values and practices by having an effective collaborative relationship with the head designer and by being aligned in the unique look, integrity, and vision of the brand.
· Full support to the Head Designer on all design processes.
· Making great and non-obvious research.
· Taking initiative to process all the different ideas previously discussed in an independent matter and following through by combining all elements and preparing information in order to step into the prototype phase.
· Manipulate designs and creative ideas in various tools.
· Assist in the execution of silhouettes, fits, and styling direction.
· Create and maintain detailed technical sheets of products.
· Execute prototyping and ensure it’s completion and accuracy.
· Assist in sourcing and evaluating the suitability of potential fabrics and trims, along with consideration for cost, lead time and minimums.
· Work as a connector between the Designer and the Technical Team (patternmaking and sewing) to assist on garment fit and construction.
· Work close with the in-house Technical team in order to improve efficiency and quality as well as implementing best practices and work methodology acquired from previous work experiences. .
· Create design specifications and make revisions when necessary throughout development.
Education and Experience:
· Higher education in fashion design or related field.
· 3 to 5 years of experience in design or related field.
· Great understanding of the creative process and natural urge to follow a creative path followed with the ability to keep the end objective always in focus.
· A strong ability to source and gather creative inspiration and references.
· Work autonomously to create collection concept boards, colour palettes and develop product designs.
· Advanced skills and knowledge of Adobe Adobe Suite (mainly Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office.
· Strong technical drawing abilities.
· Thorough knowledge of fabrications, silhouettes, color ways, garment construction techniques, and trim.
· Ability to create detailed CAD’s designs.
· Good verbal and written communication skills: English (knowledge of Portuguese is valued).
· Adaptability – Flexible to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
· Accountability – Demonstrate an innovative and creative approach to critical thinking and decision-making.
· Creativity – Develops fresh, original ideas and understands and knows how to apply basic design principles; Pays attention to details; Follows a clear process path; Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise; Enjoys completing tasks from this perspective;
· Initiative - Wishes to fully participate in the growth of the brand and together with the rest of the team finds solutions and improvements;
· Independent Contributor – Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Fashion-Focus – Is up-to-date on current trends in fashion and has a strong visual culture aligned with the brands vision bringing into the conversation a valuable opinion;
· Organization – Defines tasks and milestones to achieve objectives while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives; Keeps an organized and objective oriented work structure and forward thinking mentality;
· Process Optimizer – Understands most effective and efficient approach and focuses on continuous improvement while seeking for its application;
· Prioritization – Able to perform “first things first” as a process; Evaluates and executes a group of items, while ranking them in their order of importance or urgency.
· Responsibility – No fear to take responsibility to make decisions;
· Self-Motivator – Able to consistently achieve critical outcomes through individual initiative and drive; Open to learning; Coachable;
· Team worker – Ability to work as a part of a team, always with a smile on the face and strong will to move forward and openness to communication.
We seek to be an expression of the cultural vibe of a hectic society. Our creation process is like a ritual where we tune ourselves with the energy of the times.
This is why our “atelier” is a living organism, always changing and always in constant movement.
We like to dedicate special attention to the singularity of each of our clients and we like to create unique and surprising garments.
We value human capital and wish to work with people that share the same human values. We challenge you to take part in this transition phase and to give you the opportunity to actively participate in the change by providing you all the necessary tools.
Now that you know us, let us know you, get involved!
WHAT we offer:
Salary above local standards.
Monthly transport costs paid by the company.
Financial help on flights or other relocation transport costs to the selected candidate.
We will provide, if necessary, free private housing in Lisbon for the first month.
Please send all the bellow information to the following email email@example.com
• A CV
• A cover letter describing yourself and your fashion stand point
• A presentation of your current design portfolio or a selection of hand illustrations. Please send this in a pdf format.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.